Saturday 25 June 2011

All For You!

Argh the lengths I will go to, to lay my hands on a beauty freebie, so I can review it for you all.


Today I went to seven , yes you heard me right, seven stores (including braving the craziness of Oxford Street on a Saturday,) to track down Benefit's Radiant Skincare freebie in conjunction with Grazia magazine.

I finally located this beauty launch must have at my local Debenhams and let me tell you it was well worth the wait!

This offer is a gorgeously packaged three piece set, comprising of sample sized facial wash, moisturiser and best of all a really great eye cream.  Housed in a nifty box, the samples are good sizes and for once for a freebie - the moisturiser and eye cream aren't housed in cheap plastic, but in glass bottle and jar with the type of quirky packaging you can always expect from Benefit.

I couldn't wait to get testing.....

Foamingly Clean Facial Wash

This foaming cleanser had a lovely consistency, foamed well and was lightly scented.  It was a little awkward to get out of the sample tube, but I put that down to the design of the bottle.  It cleaned my face in that it took off all my make-up, but it was a little too harsh for me. This self -proclaimed gentle cleanser wasn't gentle enough, unfortunately for my skin and left it feeling really, really dry.


Triple Performing Facial Emulsion

Gold stars all round on this light oil free gem!  It was light, but felt luxurious, absorbed beautfully into my skin and the oil-free super light formulation contains vitamins A & E, with the added bonus of SPF Factor 15.


It's Potent Eye Cream

Dark rings can always be covered by concealer, but you can make a huge difference to how the skin around your eyes looks, by investing in a great eye cream. This is one of them.  It definitely pepped up and hydrated the skin around my eyes, without feeling too heavy.  It  contains apple extract, which boosts the skin's collagen production and peptide complex which restores firms and elasticity to your skin.

It's pretty rare that you get a such a good skin launch freebie, so it was definitely worth all the hassle it took to track it down.

No comments:

Post a Comment